Thursday, October 19, 2006

The woman at the rock.

I have had only one class today and I've been somewhat studying for an exam, but I felt like it was a good idea to go out and hand out some tracts before I ate lunch... so I did! I handed out some tracts as I made my way to the Turlington rock and sat down there. I then struck up a conversation with a young woman sitting next to me, and we talked briefly about everyday things.
I then asked her "When you die, what do you think is on the other side?" She said she decided not to think about it much anymore, but after I did alittle more probing she said that maybe heaven and hell. Then I asked her "How do you get to heaven?" and she replied, "by being a good person". She then told me that she goes to the Catholic church across the street from my dorm. So I asked her a few more questions, and then proceeded to walk her through the Ten Commandements and she admitted to being a liar, a blasphemer, a coveter and she failed to obey her parents at some points. After reasoning with her for a bit about sin and death, God allowed me to transition to the good news about Jesus Christ and about how he was crushed under God's wrath for our sins.
She then told me that she believed that and was trying to live for Christ. At that point I was a bit confused because her answers to my questions early led me to believe that she wasn't a believer, so I talked about the new birth in Christ alittle bit. She then left for class and thanked me for talking with her.
I then just thought "hmmm I wonder if she was being honest or not?" And you know.. I've wondered that on many different gospel encounters, but a person will know in their heart whether or not they are right with God. God won't let His word return void, but it will always accomplish what he wills it to, but we as believers must continue to faithfully plant the seeds of the gospel no matter what because we all know what happens after death....but sadly many do not!
Until Next time.

No comments: