Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Great Challenge..

Here is a monthly post of something that has been on my mind and my heart!!! It's late, I have some work to finish, so I'll make this quick!

I have a great desire to see the souls of men and women on this campus saved, it is a frequent prayer and a task in which I frequently take part in! But I've been greatly challenged in my consistency of the great task of preaching the gospel to every creature as Jesus commanded! I find that I struggle with apathy, fear of rejection and of the unknown every time, everyday and it almost never goes away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what God desires and I know that he will not withhold the strength needed for the gospel to go forth on this campus, but I find it so tough to consistently remain steadfast in prayer for God's churches and the as I should, but I continually feel God nudging my heart to continue on in the work of chasing the souls of men!!

Everyday that I wake up I feel the nudge on my heart saying "Are you going to cast your nets today?" It never ever leaves me!!!! NEVER! And by gollie I won't ignore the call that God has given to seek him and fish for men with the message of the gospel! Yes it's hard, yes it's scary, yes it's uncertain, yes there's rejection, but what a mistake it is to ignore the calls of the living God. For Jesus has said "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature" Mark 16:15. I cannot neglect it, will not!

I'm reminded of a missionary named David Brainerd who gave himself wholly to be used by God to reach the Native Americans in the 18th century and went through such tremendous hardship and pain that he died at the age of 29. He frequently prayed and wept for their salvation and preached with a tongue of fire because he had obeyed the commission of God and took it seriously with all of his heart! He even viewed suffering as a friend! As a result of the work that God did through him, many Native Americans came to Christ! This is an example that I'm challenged to follow as well as the Apostle Paul's and when he says "For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:" Romans 9:3.

I'm challenged to give myself over to God and his work as these men have done! There is a campus of 50,000 people, most of whom do not know the Lord Jesus. I'm living in a dorm and I suspect that most here do not know Christ either! I've sat idley, and prayerlessly long enough. I must do what God is nudging my heart to do... I must preach the gospel to them! I've been lazy and scared, but I must trust in the Lord! Everytime I hear their voices in the hallway and make small talk with them when I see them passing through I cringe inside and ask, "what if I brought up Christ? How would they respond?" And I think the worst and say nothing because I want no offense! Haha but alas! The message is offensive!!!!!!!!!!

But this is what is going on inside my mind and my heart at the moment for the cause of Christ. This isn't really for entertainment or for people to read and be entertained.... who reads blogs anyway? *wink* May God give us all the strength and wake us up from Spiritual apathy and lack of concern for the lost and dying world!!! Amen!!!

No comments: