Monday, March 31, 2008

Constant Desire

These are more random thoughts that I have about my walk and service to God.

Everyday that I wake up in the morning I think of evangelism and bringing the word of God to the lost. I do not talk about it as much as I used to because most who know know that to be the case. It's a constant burden and desire for me to do this. Knowing myself though, I am an introvert and not an extremely relational person. However, I have the desire to tell everyone about what Jesus Christ has done for all of us on the cross. I always want to do this, and even when I don't want to do this it is still on my mind. I wonder if this is from God? :) I know that it is, but I do not act on it as I should! In a sense, I live in a lot of disobedience to God, yet He is gracious to me and encourages me to press forward. There are people in my classes that I wish to speak to, people in Turlington Plaza, the Reitz Union, Einstein's and everywhere, but alas, they will think that I am mad if I speak to them about their souls on such a random occasion... ahh!! "Who cares?" says the Spirit! "I do!" says the flesh! They will reject me or think that I am weird and I will have to live with awkwardness for the rest of the semester! Ugh I must die to self because such an attitude is a hindrance to what God wants to do in the world! It is selfish, self-seeking, self preserving and self loving! It must go because I am not my own.... I have been bought with a price, I must continue to preach and hand out tracts and witness to unsuspecting, idle people because of God's love for them. This is the desire that is on my heart, and I must follow it because it is a gift from God, and it is how He has wired me as a believer!

This is My Desire which is really God's Desire!

1 comment:

Walking Boombox said...

You put forth your longings for God so eloquently! This blog shall be a treasure as you grow in your ministry.

-Nicole, the girl you met with Stevenson today